After a weekend at the Mt Eden Village Craft Fair, a change to a business page on Facebook, a teaching sesh with a fellow writer this morning, and the first feedback on my third book – I’m feeling like I can actually do this again.
I think the walk was the biggest factor. I haven’t been walking as much as I’d have liked to, and when I did it wasn’t long enough to really push me. Today I walked for a good hour, and came home feeling refreshed.
If you look back over the past few months, you’ll see I’ve been somewhat productive, and extremely busy. The problem with doing stuff when you’re tired is that it takes longer – so things that should take ten minutes actually take like an hour. The result of which is a hectic lifestyle and not-so-much outcome.
But that’s okay. We can’t be energiser bunnies all the time, right? Being tired sometimes gives us a chance to be more energetic at others – like now, which is fantastic timing as I head out to more local events, and lead up to the NZ Book Festival in October.
But anyhow. What did last week hold?
- Got my butt on the yoga mat a couple of times, and went for a walk today.
- Worked on guest posts. A little. Oops.
- Sent Beyond the End of the World to my betas, editor #1 and illustrator.
- Decided on my next writing project! It’ll be an anthology of short stories for children.
- Changed my Facebook profile to a Facebook page.
- Designed cover art for said Facebook page.
- Attended Mt Eden Craft Market – and got lots of compliments on my table display, and my book covers. So proud!
And what will the week ahead hold?
- Catching up on bookkeeping – I have a growing pile of receipts to file…
- Getting started on my short stories (no deadline yet).
- Record a vlog. Actually. Like, not just say I will.
- Write Beyond the End of the World synopsis and send to editor #2.
- Keep moving, aiming towards daily exercise.
- Catch up on a few things I’m behind on… another oops.