It’s funny how quickly comparisonitis has tried to set its teeth in. This year, I won’t let it win. It’s part of my personal goal to develop a healthy mindset. I’m listening carefully to the voices in my head, and changing the tune when necessary.
I’ve also had a think about my blog. I feel like I became entrenched in the ‘woe is me’ mindset and a change is as good as a holiday!
So here’s what’s going to happen on a weekly basis:
From the bookshelf: a book I’m reading, a review of something I’ve read, or a book I’ve just added to my TBR (to be read) tower.
In the studio: whatever I’m working on at the time – an update on my book progress, painting, zines, or something I’ve been learning.
Out and about: an event I’ve attended or hosted, or something I’m looking forward to attending.
And every month I’ll do a review summary looking back on the month. After February, the podcast will resume, as will my daily challenges. I’m working full time at the day jobs for a few weeks and have to adjust my creative work to suit.
So, here is January’s monthly review. Kudos if you’ve read this far along!
– I’ve organised all the ladies who are contributing to the next (wo)manpower zine, and I am blown away by their stories! It’ll be out next month.
– Beyond the End of the World is with the printer, and everything is set for the launch. It’ll be available in online stores soon (with an intro price of 99c – sign up to my newsletter if you want to be notified) and in print on the 20th February.
– The next series of books are well underway. Book one draft is complete, and book two is about 30% done. I’m going to be illustrating this series myself which is a new challenge!
– I have done lots and lots of reading, and thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to read widely again. I’m reading a mix of children’s books, my tried and true favourite authors, and a bunch of new ones.
– Painting has also gotten underway but not very far. I’m going to focus on painting again after the book launch.
And that’s it for me! Looking forward to a February full of awesome events and a bit of progress. What about you – how has your January shaped up? What are you looking forward to in February?